Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Propane gives off less than half the greenhouse emissions that electricity does.
Propane is a safe and environmentally friendly source of fuel that you can use in your home or business environment, it is not toxic, non-caustic, colorless, and odorless. To assure the ability to detect a propane leak, an odor agent called ethyl mercaptin is added to the propane to give it a distinctive smell that is identifiable with propane and natural gas. Propane is an approved alternative fuel listed in both the clean air act of 1990 and the national energy policy act of 2005, and provides safe, clean, reliable, efficient and secure energy for consumers, the environment and America.
· Propane vapor and liquid are environmentally sound and friendly in their unused states (prior to combustion) if released.
· Propane vapor will not cause air pollution.
· Propane will not damage or harm soil if accidentally spilled on the ground.
· Propane vapor is not harmful if accidentally inhaled by animals or people.
· Propane isn't considered a greenhouse gas.